I strongly believe that a wedding ceremony should be an opportunity for couples to publicly express their individuality, commitment and love for one another. Therefore, it is of great importance that you are able to design a ceremony that is unique and personal with as much assistance from your chosen celebrant as you wish. Weddings should be fun! Your wedding ceremony should also be exactly as you imagine it to be – whether that is traditional, modern, personal, lighthearted, unique, contemporary or simply short and sweet!
Making your ceremony personal
I will provide you with a book of sample readings, quotes, vows and ceremonies, that will assist you in selecting the most appropriate inclusions in your wedding ceremony. I will also provide you with an outline of a suggested ceremony, and work with you in person or via email to achieve the exact wedding ceremony you both desire. Should you wish to write your own vows, have a certain poem or reading, or play a particular piece of music; this can all be incorporated into the day.
I can be contacted as many times as you wish throughout the planning, via email, telephone or in person and recommend having a rehearsal before the day.
Our first meeting can take place at a mutually suitable venue; and at this meeting (or following) the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) can be completed and signed in the presence of myself, or an authorised witness. The NOIM must be returned to me at least 1 month prior to your wedding ceremony day, and no more than 18 months prior to the day. This form is included in the Ceremony Information Package I can email or post out to you, or you can download the NOIM form here.
It is very important that I witness Proof of Birth along with this NOIM. Birth Certificates are preferred if born in Australia, and a passport or birth certificate if born overseas. I also must witness Divorce Papers from the Family Court, or a Death Certificate if required to certify the end of a previous marriage. Photographic proof of identity must also be presented such as a drivers licence or passport.
I will present you with an original Ceremony Handbook of readings, poems and quotes and some suggested ceremony formats at this initial meeting and we can discuss your ideas, wishes and ceremony details. I provide you with a checklist of information you can provide me to ensure that I create the most personal and perfect wedding ceremony to suit your needs.
A deposit is required to confirm the booking, and this deposit is non refundable. The balance is to be paid two weeks before the ceremony date. If you feel you need to meet with me again in person between the first meeting and the rehearsal this is not a problem.
Included in your Ceremony Package:
- Lodgement of all legal paperwork
- A hard copy of my original Ceremony Handbook to use as your personal resource
- Assistance in the preparation and writing of your own personal and distinct wedding ceremony
- Suggestions and sample readings, poems, quotes and vows for your ceremony
- Unlimited consultation in the lead up to your wedding day
- A rehearsal prior to the ceremony at the ceremony venue
- A professional PA system to amplify the ceremony with cordless microphone, and to amplify your ceremony music with Ipod, CD and USB ports (I can manage your music on the day)
- Printed copies of your readings for your readers on the day
- Printed copies of the ceremony (scrolls) for your wedding guests if you wish